Monday, May 31, 2004

~Chains

My head is all over the place this morning. I slept a lot last night. Got into bed early because the worst depression hit me. Sometimes, all you can do is sleep it off. So I did.

I don't feel depressed. I feel charged. I do like the feeling, but I also recognize it. This feeling can turn to homicidal rage or the verge of suicide in seconds. It's just intensity. It's all intensity, no matter what form it takes. It makes me a dangerous Beast... to most.

I used to have that tattooed on my calf, "Beast". I'm pretty sure it was in the late 80s that I put it there. In the early 90s, it was one of the tattoos that got covered when I had my largest piece done, a Durer woodcut Jesus on a cross, inverted, with a snake around it. It covers the inside of my left calf. The outline took 7 or 8 hours. It was the only tattoo, out of 20some, that I actually had to open a beer for. That was about hour 6 though. I got the color done about a year later.

All the tats I had covered up, I planned to move elsewhere, "Beast" being one of them. The 3 sixes that were with the word, I moved to my head, that same day actually, before the calf work was done.

I've yet to figure out where "Beast" goes, or if it's even needed anymore. What's behind it, is only for one person... the one who can hold the end of the chain.

No comments: