Sunday, May 2, 2004

~Time passes

I've always been a writer. "Always" meaning, ever since I could hold a pen and form letters on a piece of paper. There haven't been many days in my life when I haven't written at least a sentence. Usually it's more like a page or two though. It may not be the best writing. My grammar isn't perfect, and neither is my spelling, but I like to think that I get my point across well enough.

I do actually miss writing with a pen. There's something that gets lost in typed words. Handwriting shows a lot of emotion... even shows some things you're not aware of while writing, when you look back at it later.

I remember once thinking that there'd be no way I could ever type as fast as I wrote. Now, I'm sure that I can type at least twice as fast as I write.

Writing has been an outlet for me... a pressure release type of thing. It's a drug of sorts. I really don't know what I'd do if I couldn't write. I'd probably talk to myself a lot more than I already do. (Yes, I do talk to myself, and yes, I do also answer back.)


I had to turn on my a/c today. Seasons change... time passes. This is my 35th May.


Did you ever run the concept through your head... the concept of "What if we do reincarnate, but as ourselves.. same date, same place..."? I mean, what if that's what happens when we die? What if we just get reborn and have to live the same exact life over and over and over again? Maybe that's why sometimes, when we meet a "new" person, they seem so familiar. Maybe that's what deja vu is all about. Maybe it's not about changing anything, but about how we handle what it is that we're given. Maybe the ultimate goal is to enjoy life, no matter how torturous the circumstances. Maybe "heaven" really can be being beat or mugged or molested or burned beyond recognition. Maybe it's all about perception... variety of experience.

I'm glad that I was born when I was. I'm glad that I got to do 16 in 1985. I'm glad that I got to be a kid in the 70's. I'm glad that I got to do my 20's in the 90's.

Maybe one day I'll be glad that I spent my 30's on the Internet.

No comments: