Friday, May 28, 2004

~*cracks a beer*

Sounds like an "Indian" name.

"Be still, cracks a beer, you'll frighten the sheep."

I crack myself up.

Crack kills?

rrrrrrp

I never did get the hang of all that Role Play stuff. I'm a little too realistic, I guess. I was in a chat room about 5 years ago, when I was new to the whole Internet thing, and wasn't familiar with the whole RP style. They didn't take too kindly to it when I pointed out the fact that none of them were old enough to drink "Blood Wine", whether or not it even existed in the first place, and most likely had no clue what blood or wine alone tasted like. It'd be sort of like drinking coppery, runny, bitter grape jello.

Yeah, well... I belched my way into being hacked with that approach.

My "realism" was new to that group of people. They used the net to escape reality. I was trying to use it to expand mine.

Even in the 80s when a few of my friends would do the D&D thing, I just couldn't get there with my brain. I found it to be a bit silly. Even my "fantasies" are based in reality. If they're not, they're no fun. If it can't happen, I sort of deflate. It's gotten more extreme as I've gotten older too. Even the tiniest plot hole will make me grumble while watching a movie. It's not that I can't picture fantasy creatures or worlds, it's just not really fulfilling for me. It's a whole hell of a lot more fulfilling to picture a beautiful reality that could very well exist someday. I don't need Unicorns and Faeries. I need health, wealth, and happiness.


rrrrrrp

I'm honest, that's just who I am, even to the point of seeming a bit brash. I don't like my reality, but with the Internet, I'm not trying to escape it. I'm trying to change it. No, I don't want a sip of your Blood Wine. I want to have a drink with another adult, because we're both stuck in the house staring at our computer screens, and misery loves company, damnit.


Anyone got any Doritos?

No comments: