Monday, May 24, 2004

~Lifetime companions

I told myself that I was going to work out today. At the moment though, I'm somewhere in between feeling good and determined, and like curling up with a good beer and crying.


I remember the first time I got my (romantic) heart broken. I was 14, and a Freshman in High School. Heather was a Senior. She had the most beautiful blue eyes I'd ever seen, or have ever seen since.

I don't think that we ever even hugged. It was just a relationship because we called it one. Heather introduced me to Hardcore and heartbreak, two lifetime companions for me.

Heather would not be the last to break my heart over what was or wasn't in my pants, but she was the first. Crack number one on my coffee mug of a heart.

Not sure what got me thinking about Heather and heartbreak. Perhaps it was that desire to curl up with a good beer, another lifetime companion for me.

No comments: