Sunday, August 7, 2005

(Back again....) 2

The official help I can get takes time. For now, I'm getting help from my best friend's mom. She's letting me stay under her roof, until one of the local housing authorities comes through for me. I've been here since December. Too, I'm getting help from my best friend. She's helping me get to my appointments, and fill out paperwork.

I've been on Medicare since 1994. Medicare doesn't pay for everything. The State has to pick up the rest, if it chooses to. For now, MA is picking up what Medicare doesn't cover.

Last time I went into the hospital, my legs went, and I ended up in a wheelchair. This house is all stairs. If my legs go, I can't come back. Last time, they threatened to put me into a rest home. I don't want to play around with that.

I write on my blog, when I can. Keeping up with e-mail, and even (the) board isn't something I can really do right now. Shoot, I've never been able to keep up with my e-mail. My phone reception is horrible... and I don't have much privacy. I'm just weird like that. I can't talk on the phone if it's not private.

The way I'm getting through, right now, is by checking in here and on my blog with more detail, until I somehow get another place to live, where I can attempt to pick up the pieces.

No comments: