Sunday, August 28, 2005

~Desperate, but not serious.

It's more of a reading morning than a writing morning, I suppose. Spent some time reading people's blogs. I'm weird like that, it seems. I actually do read people's blogs, rather than hopping around playing comment tag.

Spent some time, yesterday, on "~blurt". It was a first for me, as I've had my fill of IM and Chat room types of things. I can't keep up too well, and I have too much trouble holding my tounge... so to speak. From what I could gather, people use ~blurt to get people to come to their blogs. I never click on names I see in ~blurt. Honestly, "please read my blog" comes off as "desperate" to me, and I figure that if someone is that desperate, there must be a reason why. If their blog is that good, they wouldn't have to beg for hits, right? If someone wants me to come to their blog, all they have to do is come to mine and leave a (preferably honest and respectful) comment or two. That will get them repeated hits, rather than just one, because I might actually add them to my list of blogs I read often.

Although I sometimes use the newest posted blog list, and click on blogs there (if the title intrigues me) it's just the way I usually do it... I read the comments of others, then click on their profile, if their comment is intelligent. I do it on my own blog, and I do it on others' blogs. It's like following a trail of "like minds", rather than risking being pissed off all day because of reading something offensive, or seeing something offensive. I guess my blood pressure is just a little too high to be jumping off of cyber cliffs... and I have very raw nerves.

No comments: