Saturday, October 18, 2003

Dragon Con 2004 (w/A2 - 7)

318 days

ok, assuming that the train is covered (we can hope!)

This is what I'm thinking -

- We'll need to figure on $1200 for the hotel, just to be on the safe side (not to mention the $300 it'll take for the "hold").
- If the tickets are priced like this past year, we can get them when they're at $50. (hey, it's 10 bucks!)
- Knowing that we can bring our own alcohol, we can do that, and just figure on maybe $20 a piece each way for "just in case" drinks. (I might decide on wanting cold beer.)
- Then tips and cab. The cabs will be about $25, the "attendant" about $20. Then there's the baggage and room, that's about $20.
- Then supplies for the room (water, beer, juice, food, etc.). I'm thinking maybe $50 a piece for that.
- Then there's the emergency money/additional transport money. I need $50 for that. I'm not sure what you'll be needing.
- Then there's "shopping" money. I'm good with $50 for that. (Get S. a present and everyone else gets a fucking sticker.) There must be a bank to rob for how much you'll want for this.
- Then there's food. For me, I'm thinking about $500. For you, it'll probably be less. (Either way, the Asians get the money. Sushi, InuYasha... it's all the same. *lol*)

So, the grand total for the trip is now $2145 plus your food, additional transport and gifts (maybe $300 food, $250 or so additional train and $200 gifts?)... guesstimate: $2900 total.

(one sec, gotta go change my underwear. )



ok, split 2 ways, that would be $1450 a piece.

We have 10 months to save (including August), so that's $145 a month.


I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

No comments: