Wednesday, October 8, 2003

A sort of bio

So... a sort of bio...

I don't know how to keep things like this brief. My life is rather... complex.

So, just some facts...
I'm 34, born September 19, 1969. I was born in Philadelphia, PA... in the U.S. of A.
I smoke. I drink. I did a lot of drugs in the past, but haven't recently.
I've taken hundreds of hits of LSD.
I started smoking and drinking about the age of 11 or 12.
One day I'd like to try Peyote.
My favorite alcoholic beverage is beer. My drug of choice is cocaine.
I'm big on coffee... Folgers with milk and sugar. I drink a lot of water, and have recently developed a passion for chewing ice.
I don't shave. I buzz my head and the sides of my face, but I always have a moustache and (at least) a goatee.
I'm short. 5 ft. 5 and a half inches, to be exact. I weigh about 150 lbs. I try to exercise about an hour every other day... something new I started in order to reduce the 25 lb. beer gut I grew over a few years.
My hair is a mixture of brown, blonde and red.
My eyes change through various shades of green, grey and yellow.
I'm an American (a mutt). My bloodline is PA Dutch (German) on my mother's side and (I think) Russian and Polish (Jew) on my father's side.
There are doubts as to who my actual father is, but I'm past the point of caring.
I have about 22 tattoos. Some cover up old home done ones. I've been tattooed since about 1984, from what I can recall.
Of the 60 or so people I've been intimate with during my age of consent, I've been in love twice (still am. love never stops.), but have never been married.
I've "slept with" men, but have never had a relationship with one. Most of my partners have identified as women.
My gender is masculine, it always has been. My sex is "O" or "I" (Other or Intersexed)... legally "M", although once it was thought to be "F". I consider myself "Pansexual", but I've identified as just about everything at least once.
I've had many jobs. I did some college as a music major. I am currently legally disabled, and not able to work.
My "diagnosis" is DID, which stands for Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly known as MPD - Multiple Personality Disorder... and NOT schizophrenia. They're 2 very different things.), and a secondary diagnosis of PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This came from repeated severe childhood trauma.
I have (from what I know) 18 "alters", but recently it's been suspected that there are more like 23.
My parents were both abusive, both physically and mentally. I've been through a few car accidents, disease, surgeries, a fire, being molested, living on the street, being institutionalized, and a couple of suicide attempts (although I obviously didn't try too hard).
I'm a "self mutilator". I've been slicing myself to ribbons and beating up walls since I was about 10 years old. Most of my skin is scarred and my right hand is arthritic. I've burned myself a few times. I've beaten myself with chains, whips and wire.
I've been sexually active since the age of 5.
I left home 2 months after my 15th birthday.
Although primarily a drummer, I've played at least 8 different instruments. I've mostly played Rock, and Classical. My preferred music to play is "Southern Rock"/Blues. My preferred music to listen to is Classic Rock.
I draw, and paint a little. I prefer pencil. I've designed tattoos for myself and others. Most of my work is symbolic and/or intricate.
I've written a few volumes of poetry, 90% of which I hate. I've kept a diary or journal since about the age of 8. I have thousands of pages of writing. I'm currently attempting to scale down by getting to know a paper shredder. My journals are safe though (barring fire), I made the mistake of getting rid of my childhood diaries. I've been kicking myself ever since, and have become obsessed with keeping every scrap of writing... hence the thousands of pages.
Although the internet takes up most of my energy for reading, I still have a small library. I like Whitley Strieber's horror, Stephen King, and Clive Barker for "pulp" fiction. I also enjoy Toni Morrison, Hermann Hesse, Langston Hughes, and Poe. Non-fiction-wise I like reading medical texts, books and papers on gender theory, psychology and social theory, and various books about various religions. I most often recommend "The Celestine Prophecy" because it's a pretty cool book (not too intellectual and not too mundane).
I've read tarot cards since I was about 16 or so, although I rarely read anymore. I studied various forms of magick and witchcraft intensely for approximately 15 years. I can use the title of "Priest" if I choose to.
Religion is often a very dangerous "trigger". I avoid most types of religious discussion when possible, because my instinct is to kill those who proselytize. I do, however, respect people's religious choices, and can recognize the good that can from a person's devotion to their church, religious tenets, and/or god/dess. If the conversation is respectful, I enjoy it.
I developed a taste for blood at a very young age (single digits). Without going into definitions, I've identified as a "Vampire" since sometime in 1983.
Before discovering the term "Were", I explained myself to people as having "Shaman's Blood". I've been told that I "shapeshift" to some extent, but most of my "shifting" would be considered mental or spiritual. "Polywere" accurately describes me... although Wolf and Rabbit (yeah, that's fun) are the main critters. Other, rather prevalent, ones are Bear and Raven.
My IQ has ranged, when tested, from 127 to 162.
I'm slightly ambidextrous.
My favorite food is SUSHI.
I do not and cannot drive a car, bike, or other wheeled transport.
I once walked for 12 hours continuously.
I took a bus back and forth from Philadelphia to San Fran. Each way was 76 hours.
I've had more than 30 addresses in my life.
I lived in Israel when I was 5 - 6. I spoke (fluent for a child that age) Hebrew.
I've lived in Lebanon, PA, San Francisco, CA and Bumfuck, KY. Philadelphia is my "hometown", and I spent most of my life there.
I'm allergic to A LOT of things, and have a rather testy immune system.
I have very sharp (thin) teeth, which I prefer to wash rather than brush.
If my beard gets too long, I obsessively/compulsively rip out the hairs, if my beard is too short, I play with my ear (The cartilage is rather damaged from a couple of decades of this.), or "twiddle" rubber bands, string, or some other such fingertip stimulating object.
I have a very strained relationship with my sister, who is 13 months younger than I am.
I have a (half) brother who is 13 years younger than I am. (He ROCKS!!!)
My "father" is a selfish asshole.
I want to kill my mother.
My extended family wants nothing to do with me.
I have 2 "best friends". L., who lives near me, but I don't get to see very often, and A2, who I talk to on the phone every day, but who lives in another State.
I see my shrinkydink once a week. I've been seeing her for a year now, but have had many previous docs and therapists.
Before being diagnosed DID/PTSD in 1994, I was labeled with "Major Depression - Recurrent", "Borderline Personality Disorder", and "Gender Dysphoria". Other suspected disorders include OCD, Bipolar Disorder, and Autism.
I've been on a myriad of psych meds.
My first inpatient psych-hospital stay was in 1986.
I'm hyper-sensitive to both sound and touch.
I currently live in Bucks County, PA in an apartment which the government housing people help me to afford.
I prefer colder temperatures.
Cold + Short + Sushi? I have a thing for penguins.
My (old) user name? Wolves and Ravens have a thing. Wolves follow Ravens. He who follows Ravens... Follows Ravens. Ravens symbolize Magick. Wolf. Me wolf. Arf Arf Aroooooo. It was given to me. Spirits talk to me. Don't worry about it though, the doctors say it's not schizophrenia.
I have almost 400 cassettes and about 150 CDs.
My favorite musical artists are Fleetwood Mac (and Stevie), Genesis (and Phil), David Bowie, Kate Bush, and Joan Armatrading.
My favorite visual artist is Albrecht Durer.
Favorite actor/actress is probably Johnny Depp.
I like Cher, Dolly Parton, The Carpenters, and Barry Manilow. Sue me.
I often like Country music.
There is a lot of Rap music I cannot tolerate, and pretty much hate "hip-hop", "trip-hop", and singers who whine.
I can be a music snob.
I hate when I make typos.
I get frustrated when I cannot decipher other people's writing.
Racism, sexism and homophobia have no place in my life. If you suffer from any of the above, unless you're attempting to change, you have no place in my life.
I DO NOT like to be touched. I interpret touch as sexual. A hug feels to me like being molested.
I do not like when people talk about me sexually.
I can and have reacted violently to the flash of a camera. I prefer to always be warned if someone wants to take my picture.
I do not like being recorded (audio or video). I feel violated.
Don't discuss what is or isn't in my pants with anyone who doesn't already know. That can be life threatening, and I will interpret you doing so as a threat to my life.
I fear police, doctors and other "authority" figures (for good reason). It's their word against mine, and I'm a "mentally ill freak". If you need to break a law, don't do it around me. Don't even speed. I'll slit my wrists before going to jail or being apprehended. I'd rather die by my own hand than the way I'll die if that ever happens.
My stuffed bunny and I share a bed, but I can't be touching anything other than the bed, sheets, and pillow, if I want to fall asleep. (ok, and myself, but I'm not going to set anyone up with that one. )
I have a severe sleep disorder. Unless very drugged I cannot sleep more than about 3 hours continuously. I usually sleep in increments of 45 to 90 minutes. (I used to think this was the way all people slept. ) This makes me VERY cranky. I've been cranky for the last 30 years or so.
I usually frighten the doctors and nurses when coming out of anesthesia.
I like my space. I often need to be alone.
I'm a Dragon. Often, when I open my mouth, people get burned.

*sighs*

...and no, I don't have any balls.

1 comment:

labellamorte said...

I have not ever met someone who could manage to offer themself so completely as you have. I appreciate your honesty your knowledge and your insight on so many things. I can't imagine how an update would look now, eh? Thank You for being you.