Friday, October 10, 2003

Virginity? (II)

The way it feels to me, "virginity" is something you give to someone... not something that can be taken. Part of what makes it special is because you've "saved it" for someone special. When you are sexual with another person for the "first time", and you "lose your virginity" to them, it means that they are the first person "special" enough to you to bond with in that way. You give them your virginity.

I think that it is also tied up in romantic "love".

To me, "losing one's virginity" marks the end of "sexual innocence" and the beginning of "sexual expression". The first time a person expresses their feelings of love sexually to another person, they've given... they've sacrificed their innocence to that other person.

I "lost my virginity" at 15. It was the first time I expressed my feelings of romantic love sexually. I did "sexual" things before then (won't go into that here), but at 15 it was the first time I allowed myself... chose to sexually connect with someone I physically desired. I "made love" for the first time.

No comments: