Friday, October 31, 2003

GOD (4)

Although I'm sure we could follow this down a gazillion roads, my original thought was about the bible... about a way to interpret it. It's not about how I see things. It's about a possible way for those who use the bible as their guidebook to see them.

Do I see my father as "GOD"? No more so than I see what I flush down the crapper as GOD. That is to say, if GOD is all, then sure, I see my father as GOD. Perhaps if my father had seen me as GOD, I'd feel differently about that... but that wasn't the case.

There's a lot of good shtuff in the bible... but then, there's a lot of good shtuff in the Dr. Suess books as well.

From my father I learned that there's no one in the whole universe more important than I am. I'm GOD. period. end. (we tend to emulate our parents. selfishness begets selfishness.)

The fact that I give anyone any amount of credit is only due to my own desire to be a better person than my father.

I won't even touch the subject of my mother in this one.

All that aside though. I'm just trying to imagine what it would be like if all the "father, son, and holy spirit" people actually took that to mean their parents, children, and selves.

I think it might really be a better world.

No comments: