Tuesday, July 30, 2002

(A list of my "turn offs"?)

Basically, it's pretty safe to say that no one can impress me for very long. Even if I'm briefly impressed, I'll manage to find something about you I can't stand within a few months. I live up to my horror-scope sign in this. Anything less than perfect is simply unacceptable... and being that no one's perfect, I'll most likely die single.


Just a few things that'll make me say "no thanks" really quickly...

A non-smoker - I smoke. A LOT. I have no desire to spend my life worried about whether or not I'm making someone's clothing stink.
Insecurity - I have no desire to have to constantly reassure someone.
A liar - The smallest lie will do. I have no tolerance for it.
A non-driver - One in the family is more than plenty.
Being loud - Their voice shouldn't frighten me, and the neighbors should wonder whether we're home or away. Loud noises make me nuts.
The "they just don't want to work" welfare mind set - Not only will that turn me off, but I'll probably never speak to them again either.
Poor hygiene - I should see you before I smell you... and if I want to pass out while close to you, I'm not going to be close to you.
Constant lateness - It's one of my main yardsticks for caring.
Disregard for the law - Don't even speed.
Virginity - There's just one place I have no desire to play teacher.

oh... and honestly?

I prefer to have been in High School around the same time as they were, so being born between 1964 and 1974 is preferable... but I can stretch it a few years, depending on the person.


p.s. - not tipping will do it for me too. If you can't tip, don't go out.

p.p.s. - Dependency! That's a big one, and I thought I'd listed it above.

p.p.p.s. - I really could go on for hours... like I said, "eternally single" would sum it up nicely.

1 comment:

nexy said...

i was surprised how love can temper ones tolerance to turnoffs. then again, i agree with all of your criteria.