Monday, November 24, 2003

(monkey doo)

(to S.)

There are 2 ways to approach "triggers" (things that set you off). You can avoid them entirely, resulting in becoming a lawn ornament, or you can see them as challenges.

I have a book I'm going to have to lend you, about the whole warrior thing. It's been a long time since I've read it, but from what I can recall, it touches on some things that you might find nutritious.

We may not be shit tossing primates in the literal sense anymore, but there are still some basic instincts left in us. Instead of the enemy being a person or an attacking bear, the enemy is a crowded room or a job interview.

The "peaceful warrior" book was pretty ok... it serves its purpose... contains some tasty brain food... but, the whole "let it go" mentality isn't very attainable for people like us who are full of rage. Without a channel, we just end up sick and paralyzed.

I have my own struggles. I'm not there yet, but I can try to toss things your way that I've picked up. I don't know all the answers, but I'm pretty sure I can tell what has been negative and positive in my own path walking.

It's a long journey... but... it might be worth it.

No comments: