Friday, November 21, 2003

(On taking things personally.)

It makes me nuts too sometimes... I feel like if I post what I need to, people will feel hurt that I didn't reply to them first.

What I can say about this section is sort of what I meant by calling it my "cell". Try to relax in here. (That goes for all of us.) Do what you need to do for yourself, in so far as venting goes. In so far as replies are concerned, well, the posts aren't going anywhere.

Maybe I should come up with an emoticon that means "read, wish my thoughts could magically form words, and I'm here". Sometimes I use to mean that. I don't do "hugs", but if I were next to the person and had a stuffed grover, I'd be able to show some sort of concern... even if I didn't know what to say or do.

It's a tough situation. I know that it feels bad when I open up and no one replies... but then, half the time when people do reply, what they write bugs the shit out of me anyway. I can only guess that the reverse is true... and so I stress about it. I don't want to write something gratuitous or lame, but if I don't reply at all, they'll think that I don't care.

Not that I am one, but being a "good listener" is not an appreciated skill online. :\

Think I'll stick with Grover.

2 comments:

chembear said...

A Grover, what a fan-fucking-tabulous idea. Mind if I use it?

Cutter said...

*smirks* Of course I don't mind.