Saturday, November 1, 2003

this is going to suck shit (1)

ok, that was hell.


Here's the problem...

My CD-ROM drive died. It's dead. Completely dead. As a doornail. Deader than dandruff. Kaput.

Solution 1 - Fix it.
Solution 2 - Buy a new one and have it installed.
Solution 3 - Buy a new computer.
Solution 4 - Take it in and use the warranty I paid a bazillion dollars for.
Solution 5 - Beat myself to death with the thing.


ok, for every solution, there's another problem.

Solution 1 - It can't be fixed.
Solution 2 - It costs $120 to have a new drive installed, plus whatever the new drives costs.
Solution 3 - I don't have that kind of money.
Solution 4 - They have to send it away for a month.
Solution 5 - looking better by the second


ok, so I'm stuck with the 4th option. Lucky me, I still have my old computer. Right?

ok, It's about 8 years old... but it works, right?

ummmm.... well, it takes about a minute between clicks, but yes... it works. (It was hell just getting it to the place where I could finally see the board.)

So... In a while, I may not be online a whole hell of a lot. The beast takes the patience of a saint... and I'm no saint. (not today, anyway)


All I have left to say is...

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THAT MOST OF THE COLORS ON THIS BOARD ARE SO HORRIBLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

yeesh!


I suppose I know what I'll be working on while the laptop is gone. UGH! The worst is the "recent archives" section. What the HELL color is that?!?!?! *lol*

No comments: