Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Re: Obsession

I have to say that I get TV obsessions. My current one is SVU, and I've seen every episode of ER ever made (at least once, some of them 4 or 5 times). I also watch The Daily Show loyally.

I think that if I had the money, I'd buy all the Oz episodes... and I'd get HBO so that I could faithfully watch 6 Feet Under.

There was also StarTrek TNG, and Quantum Leap... and there was Beauty and the Beast... and there was a show called Friday the 13th (I think that's what it was called... it was about these people who worked in an antique store and kept getting haunted objects, or something like that).

I don't know that my TV obsessions count as real obsessions though. I don't really think about the shows when I'm not watching them... just make sure to remember that they're going to be on.

I used to get obsessed over people... but it's been a long time since that has happened. Being obsessed over people is dangerous though. TV can't hurt you, and even the let downs are only slightly annoying. People can cause some serious damage if you bring them in too close. I suppose that's why a lot of people obsess over movie stars and the like. It's safe and there's a lot less of a chance of ending up hurt or let down. There's also less obligation... you don't really have to be there for the person. You can do no wrong and neither can they. ...you don't have to pick up their socks or carry their purse or smell their stink when they put off yet another shower.

It can get lonely though.

No comments: