Tuesday, April 27, 2004

042704 ~comment reply

I was diagnosed with DDNOS (dissociative disorder not otherwise specified), the diagnosis then switched to bipolar, then I was dumped in a drug ward and accused of being on drugs and drunk when I wasn't. That was my first introduction into mental health care, so I developed a tremendous mistrust for psychiatry. My experience in being detoxed actually felt like a big marketing ploy on how I should take paxil to keep me from my addictions that I didn't have in the first place. Even though Paxil itself can be dangerous and highly addictive.

I do dissociate. Spacing out, (which is what dissociation basically is) in a major way sometimes helps me cope. Dissociation does not mean you're crazy. I do not have DID, or MPD either.

Dealing with depression and anger is a daily battle I face as well. I do have some info on dissociation on my blog if you are interested.


(my reply -)
I appreciate the offer. :)

I was diagnosed in '94. I know more about the damn disorder than the shrinks do at this point. :\

Meds don't help, they actually are pretty dangerous... for me, anyway.

I'd rather self medicate with beer than be a drooling idiot like they would have me. They've had me on everything from Thorazine to Xanax.

Do drugs. Don't do drugs. Do drugs. Don't do drugs. It's a bunch of crap. They don't even know how these psych meds work, or even if they do. (My opinion is that they don't.)

No comments: