Tuesday, April 20, 2004

~the alcohol

I drink (mostly) out of boredom. The rest of the time I drink simply because I 1) like the taste and 2) want to get buzzed... in that order.

but then... no....


I started "stealing" alcohol from the fridge when I was about 12. I've, since then, been a binge drinker... then finally a daily drinker.

The beer gut from hell scared me a bit last year... so I started being more careful. Too, beer costs money... and I don't have much of that.

I blew my stomach out in '99. I remember the night very well. I was in such pain that I ripped the toilet out of the floor. Since then, even dark beer really pushes it. I cheat, but I pay for it when I do.

What keeps me drinking? (Above and beyond the physical addiction and the fact that my head is just plain goopy?) It's a MAN thing. Think about it... Real men drink.

Oh please shut the fuck up!

REAL MEN DRINK.

Quitting drinking is like cutting off your dick.

Just spend a while thinking on it.

So... in my insecurity... I've become a damn alcoholic.


I'll drink to that.

No comments: