Wednesday, April 14, 2004

~Was thinking about names...

My "real" name is Jon, but even that's the third (legal) name I've gone by.

"Cutter" came from "Slasher", which is what the locals used to call me, or so I was told, when I was squatting in West Philly (4821 Baltimore, to be exact. on and off between '85 and '87 to not be). They didn't know us (us being the squatters and our friends) by name really, but they knew us by sight. I was always marked up. Either my (usually bald) head was blood speckled from a dull razor, or my white shirt sleeves were blood stained, or my arms were sliced to ribbons. "Slasher" was just a little too much for online, so I went with "Cutter". Same thing really.

I've had a few nicknames in my life, even before the joy of Internet screen names. Hardcore Scene-wise, in '83, Rory (wonder whatever happened to him) used to call me "little slammy".... I was little. I'm still little actually. Then there was the occasional "fuzzy" because of my bald head that I didn't shave every day. "Is that a boy or a girl?" was actually the most frequent phrase people used to refer to me. Above and beyond the majority of androgynous 80's freeks, people were pretty confused by me... even the other freeks. I looked like a little boy, but people said (and were told) I was a girl, and I was in the process of being told I was a girl by people (like my parents). As it turns out, I'm "Intersexed", but at the age of 15 coming out of a really abusive home... I didn't know too much about who (or what) I was... other than fucked up. I think that at one point I had "Orphan Edge" painted on my boots. Talk about the shoe fitting... Anyway, legally I'm an "M", and although my body is pretty different from the average guy's, I'm still as masculine as I've always been, just a little better off in the knowing what I am department.

but, back to names...

I'm not cut up as much anymore. I'm pretty scarred though. I'm a cutter... I've been a cutter for about 25 years or so.

...if the boot fits...

No comments: