Tuesday, April 20, 2004

~Stuff

I've always had issues with my "stuff". I could give all the background as to why... all the psychological STUFF that went into me having those issues... but what it amounts to is that I'm over possessive of my stuff, but at the same time feel I have too much and want to get rid of things. I see stuff as a liability. If you have stuff, it can be stolen or otherwise taken away, and it ends in you feeling bad.

I don't share well at all. My stuff is my stuff, your stuff is your stuff, and don't touch my stuff.

I won't even go into the whole problem I have with saving my writing. Suffice it to say that I have, quite literally, over 10,000 pages of it.

My mother was a pack rat, my father was a purger. What resulted is me who saves everything, then without thinking, gets rid of just about everything every few years.

I wish I had a fireplace... then I could burn things. I'm greedy like that... I can't just throw things out or take them to the Salvation Army. I have to give things away to someone I know, or make sure no one gets them at all. I'm very much like one of the Nemo Seagulls.... Mine Mine Mine!

I'm feeling the need to purge, lately. I guess that's why I'm thinking about all of this now.

When I feel burdened and/or trapped, my instinct is to drop everything and run. Thanks dad.

No comments: