Monday, April 19, 2004

~Punk?

Back to (one of) the reason(s) I started this blog...

That letter I wrote to that kid...

In all honesty, it was more of an outburst. It was a rough day for me, and it all tied into who I am and where I'm at because of it... and so, I just ranted.

Hardcore... being Hardcore is not necessarily about being different. It's about being yourself, and sometimes that isn't so controversial. Sometimes it isn't so "cold". In my case, yeah, it is, but there are plenty of Hardcore people out there who fit in just fine.

I can't go into the whole "punk" thing really. I can say what I think "punk" is, or was... I think that I was and am considered "punk", but that's because who I am is actually pretty "different" and fairly anti-societal/anti-conservative/pushing the line liberal... or maybe just a damn freak... same difference, I guess. Maybe it's "punk" that will keep you at the bottom... "cold". Hardcore though? I don't know that it will... unless you're a Hardcore Punk. "Punk" was before me. It came out of the 70's. I was 80's. I'm no expert on "Punk".

Anyway... I guess that what I'm getting at is that over the last few years I've done a lot of thinking about the whole "Hardcore" thing... what it really means... and what it's meant to me. ...Maybe wondering if "punk" needs to be more a part of my label than I've allowed it to be.

(more later, I'm sure)

No comments: