Saturday, September 3, 2005

~100 Things

ok, this took a while... but I wanted to do one. I'm sure I'll edit it to death, later.

1) I was born, September 19, 1969
2) I have 22 tattoos
3) I have Multiple Sclerosis
4) Although my gender is, and always has been "masculine", I have aspects of both stereotypical sexes.
5) I have moved 43 times in my 36 years.
6) I was labeled mentally ill since 1985, instead of having a correct MS diagnosis (which I got in late November of 2004).
7) I've been legally disabled since 1994.
8 ) The only family member who I feel really gives a rat's ass about me is my (half) brother.
9) I have a best friend, who is like family to me.
10) My school "major" was music.
11) I'm primarily a drummer, although I can play many instruments, and used Double Bass as my primary instrument in college.
12) I'm a "Pagan". I've studied the occult ever since I could study at all.
13) I've used the "Vampire" label ever since sometime in 1984.
14) I've used the "Were" label, ever since I learned the word.
15) I've been sexually or romantically intimate with about 60 different people (most, at different times. both those who identify as men and those who identify as women).
16) I often use the word "they", as a singular pronoun, as to not throw people into two gendered categories.
17) The most expensive thing I've ever owned is a laptop computer.
18) I paint and draw, or at least, I used to.
19) From what I can recall, the highest my IQ ever tested was 162. The lowest was 125.
20) I've been in a mental institution, as a resident, 4 times. The first time was at age 17.
21) I lived in Israel when I was 5 through 6.
22) When I was 7, the apartment complex I lived in with my sister, mother, and my mother's boyfriend burned down.
23) Earlier that year, I was in a car accident.
24) I was under a year old when I had my first surgery. I had to have my tear duct opened.
25) Although I'm now legally male, when I was born, they called me a girl.
26) My favorite food is sushi (sashimi).
27) My favorite drink is hot sake.
28) I'll skip the part about my drug history.
29) I suffer from extreme paranoia.
30) I have many, many allergies.
31) I live in an apartment, which is a part of a "housing project".
32) Every 2 weeks, I stick an inch and a half, 22 gauge needle into my thigh and inject 200mg of testosterone into the muscle.
33) I take Inderal LA for migraines and high blood pressure.
34) I have a house plant named "Harold".
35) I have a stuffed rabbit named "Bunny".
35) I walk with a cane. I named it "Nessie" because it reminds me of the Loch Ness monster's head and neck.
36) I was a very active part of Philadelphia's GLBT community, until 1998, when I had to move out of Center City.
37) I'm "Hardcore". I'm an 80's "punk".
38) I've had 2 of my Wisdom teeth removed, both on the left.
39) I have a patch of light blonde hair on the left side of my head. The rest of my hair is brown, and is getting darker as I age, although I have a lot of blonde in my beard, moustache, and eyebrows.
40) I prefer carpet to hard wood floors.
41) I prefer a VERY firm matress.
42) I prefer cold to hot, when it comes to weather.
43) I worked on a farm, in KY, in 1988.
44) My favorite musical "acts" are Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks, Queen, Genesis/Phill Collins, Joan Armatrading, David Bowie, and Kate Bush. (The whole list is WAY too long.)
45) My favorite "local" type band is a band called "Ruin", whose shows I went to constantly, in the eighties.
46) I don't like sitting with my back to a door, or to activity of any sort.
47) I'm a smoker. I like smoking. I've smoked since 1980. I have NO desire to quit, and am beyond annoyed that smokers and tobacco have become the latest scapegoats in American society.
48) I don't drive. I can't drive. I've never driven. I'm petrified of cars.
49) I was always a very good swimmer, but I could never dive.
50) I have horrible posture.
51) I love to walk. I once walked continuously for 12 hours.
52) My favorite tv shows are documentaries.
53) My favorite movies are Independent films.
54) I'm primarily right handed, but rather ambidextrous.
55) Right now, my income is $912 a month. This makes me rather "poor".
56) I once worked for the IRS.
57) In the past, I played with a number of bands.
58) I'll sooner hurt myself than hurt others.
59) I'm 5 feet, 5.5 inches tall and about 155 lbs.
60) I used to read tarot cards for others.
61) I've always been drawn to Salem, MA, San Francisco, CA, and my hometown of Philadelphia, PA.
62) I despise trends, fads, tradition, religion, and fashion. Sheep are better for eating, not being.
63) Don't take my picture, or record me in any way without asking - every time.
64) People make me feel claustrophobic. I prefer they keep their physical distance.
65) I'm not affectionate with people, unless I'm sexually or romantically involved with them.
66) Light touch usually hurts me. (It's an MS thing.)
67) I am a lot like a crow. Although I'm often misunderstood, I rarely shut up.
68) I prefer salty to sweet.
69) I prefer boots to shoes.
70) I'm allergic to wool, and most man-made fabrics. I prefer cotton and leather.
71) I find lingerie revolting, on anyone.
72) I'm a hygiene freak. The cleaner, the better.
73) I prefer short hair to long, generally.
74) Commitment scares me.
75) I watch A LOT of tv, but I think that I watch it intelligently.
76) I get the backs of "my own". "My Own" consists of GLBT people, Hardcore/Punk people, Disabled people, Atheists and Pagans, Poor people, "Minorities", and Animals. The Underdogs.
77) I don't like dancing. I think it makes people look silly, including myself.
78) It's rare that I cry.
79) I'm generally soft spoken. If I raise my voice, it's usually because I'm VERY angry.
80) Children are people too. I treat them as such.
81) I've never been married.
82) The best part of the Thanksgiving turkey is the skin.
83) I've never had a boyfriend. I've had lots of girlfriends. I tend to have women as my "platonic" friends, but tend to be more physically attracted to those who identify as men.
84) I value my right to change my wants, needs, desires, and preferences.
85) I like watching NFL games.
86) I'm anti-societal, not anti-social.
87) I suffer from severe Insomnia, and have for as long as I can remember. I don't sleep more than 5 hours at a time (and that's drugged). I usually sleep in shifts of 45 to 180 minutes.
88) I graduted from a High School that was attached to a Mental Institution.
89) I spent a good deal of time "squatting", in W. Philly, when I was a teenager.
90) I've eaten at soup kitchens.
91) I rode the bus for 76 hours, from Philly to San Fran, in 1993... and again on the way back.
92) I left "home" right after I turned 15.
93) The night before I left home, my mother said of me, to me, "I have a son, a daughter, and an "I don't know what".
94) I have identified as G. I have identified as L. I have identified as B. I have identified as T.
95) I tend to peel off society's labels.
96) My favorite color is "Hunter" green.
97) My eyes are a combination of green, grey, and yellow. They often change colors.
98) My favorite job was as a barback/maintenance guy/coat check lackey at a Gay bar.
99) I'm constantly writing.
100) I'm more impressed by someone who I can understand, who uses simple English, than by someone who uses elaborate English in an effort to impress me.

No comments: