Thursday, September 22, 2005

~meter maid

...and I watch... again... another Hurricane... more people losing because of lack of money... because of lack of interest... and leadership...

Thousands of people stuck in their cars for hours and hours... in oppressive heat... because someone didn't organize things... couldn't manage to open the other side of the highway...

They haven't even finished picking up the corpses... and there's more water on the way... more wind... more heat...

Everyone's pointing fingers... everyone is hiding... from one another... from the weather... from their television sets...

Is this the end of the world? I don't know... but I bet that there's about a thousand people that would say yes... if they were alive to say so. It was the end of their world.

...and so, I go back to my television and watch. It won't stop anything, but at least, someone might get a witness.

No comments: