Wednesday, September 7, 2005

~Under 18

I was thinking about "children".

What I say about children is often misunderstood.

I'll joke about eating them for lunch, or say that I HATE them.

Truth is... I used to be one. I just see them as people, just like me, only younger. No, I'm not a damn pedophile, I just see them as "equals". If someone is an ass, I don't care if they're 7 or 70. Same goes for the true gems.

I remember when I was a teenager, and how I used to look at "adults" and say... wow... don't they remember what it's like?!?!?

I vowed NEVER to be an "adult" like that... and you know what?... I stuck to that vow.

I still have my "teen angst". I hang onto that perspective. I DO remember what it's like, and I believe, that if you stay true to yourself, you'll never lose touch with that.


I hope that I'm never an "adult". Adults are true assholes. I'd rather just be a dick head.


...as Minor Threat said... I may be an adult, but I'm a minor at heart.

No comments: