Saturday, October 1, 2005

~When I bit off more than I could chew

...and here we are in October.

It's chilly enough to use the heat. For the life of me, I can't seem to get it to work though. I'm going to have to call about that.

The brain is humming along... functioning, for now. It's the usual, really. ...the way it usually is about this time every year. Warming up for the holiday melt-down.

I'm a lot calmer about the crap that happened last year. I'm not wanting to shoot anyone over the whole thing anymore. I feel pretty good about the whole thing, actually. It showed me that I can get through some pretty extreme things. It showed me that as much as I doubt myself sometimes, I'm still the same old tenacious bastard I've always been.

I don't want to call it a "learning experience", because that completely downplays the whole traumatic mess. I did learn a few things though... if nothing else, I learned what was actually wrong with my brain. Not that I needed to go through all of what I went through to learn that though.

They say, things happen for a reason. Sometimes, I think, they happen for many reasons. The entirety of the last year was one of those times. Things happened in my life, they way they did, for many reasons.

I'd sing "My Way"... but I think that I'd wake my neighbors. ...and that's not my way of doing things.

No comments: