Thursday, January 19, 2006

January 19, 2006

3:41 PM - 1/19/06
~all gone

(It's about 3:30PM now.)


Well, after I wrote that last entry, I had no choice.

My modem died.


I wrote this earlier:

11:07 AM 1/19/06
It's been a long 24 hours. I don't even know where to begin. On a lot of levels... I don't know where to begin.

I'm very tired. Waiting on the cable guy to show up. My modem hasn't worked since about 11:30AM yesterday.

I tried everything to get it to work again. I tried too much to get it to work again.

After about 12 hours, I was tired and stupid... and paranoid.

I was trying to clean up my computer... getting rid of things I thought might have caused the problem.

Well, I guess it's a good metaphor.

oops.

All gone.

Nothing left.

Wiped.


Well, I guess I don't have to worry about printing that 3 years worth of stuff now.


I was running out of binders anyway.
-----------------------------------------

...and here I am.

My computer is blank. Nothing but what it came with, and what I managed to get updated with Windows Update. I don't have a burner. I couldn't back anything up.

Hey, at least I didn't kill myself over it. I think that's admirable.

No comments: