Wednesday, January 4, 2006

January 4, 2006

12:26 AM - 1/4/06
Just letting you know

Just got off of the phone with Jk, after over 3 hours.

She's going to try to come up with S. for the weekend (14th/15th), rather than me going down there.

She REALLY wants to meet you.



12:58 AM - 1/4/06
~Medicare Duh

I feel a lot better now. Cage is coming to see me! :D

It was a long day. I'm glad that it's over. I paid my bills, and looked into the Medicare D thing. Apparently, my new plan doesn't cover Inderal. Bummer. Now I get to decide... either go off of it, or deal with the side effects of the generic, twice a day, version. Decisions Decisions.

Pretty fucked up. Seems that, across the board, most medications that deal with calming people down aren't covered. It reeks of when they emptied the Mental Hospitals in the 80's. There will be a lot of "Psychotic" folk who will be forced off of their meds. Not good at all.

I don't know that I can handle the twice daily generic. I'm already nauseous all the time, and "the runs" are more often than not. My stomach just can't deal. Yeah, I'm sure that they can give me, yet another, pill for that. Whatever. Drug companies will make more money, at our expense. Thanks President Fuckhead.

Take the "burden" off of the States, and help the Insurance companies make money. Right. I wonder how much the States will have to pay to house/imprison all the people who went whacko because of this faulty Medicare D thing.

Dark times... in the negative sense of the word. Times, they are a changin'... in a REALLY BAD fucking way.

Do I have "faith"? Well... honestly? I do. In the end, "good" will win out. I really do believe that we all want "good".

We just disagree on what "good" is.

There is "good" and there is "evil". "Evil" will eat itself. "Good" will keep trying.

Stay true to your heart. That's where "good" lives.


8:12 AM - 1/4/06
~way to go

It's food store day. Getting out of the house is good, but I know what usually happens, so I can't help but worry. Sucks that it takes a day to recover from going to the damn grocery store.

Completely forgot to take my meds last night. Got caught up on the phone. Not that the conversation wasn't good, but because I was on the phone, my alarm, which is on said phone, couldn't go off. oops. I was supposed to increase my dose, too. I guess that I'll just take the same dose as I've been taking, and then increase it tonight. I still have no clue why I'm even on the stuff.

Have to figure out the whole Inderal situation. Playing phone tag with Neurodude is not something that I feel like doing today. Unlike the Lamictal, the Inderal might actually be doing me some good. Figures.

What I really feel like doing is getting back into bed. It's one of those mornings that I worry about the hazzards of showering with MS. There are 3 basic situations in which, I think, no one wants to spend their final moments of life... in the shower, on the can, or with their hand down their pants. All washed up... canned... crapped out... petered out... fucked up? Yes, I do think about things like this.

I never claimed to be all that right in the head.


8:41 PM - 1/4/06
~wanting to see green

I have a headache, and my eyes are giving me trouble... especially the right one. Makes me nervous. I was lucky, I got most of my sight back after the course of Solu-Medrol, back in December of '04. Now though, even an eye booger can freak me out.

I remember watching as things disappeared. Once I couldn't even see the moon anymore, I was sincerely a complete mess.

"Read the lowest line on the eye chart."
"What eye chart?"

Fun stuff.

Wish I'd bought that bottle of Scotch today. I was feeling really nauseous, so I skipped it and bought a jug of wine instead. I haven't been drinking that much, lately. Haven't really had the stomach for it. Truth is, I often drink to spark my appetite. I'm not happy with my current weight, so I'm trying not to drink as much. The Lamictal kills what little appetite I do have too, so I really haven't been eating much either. Been drinking a lot of coffee, but that's about it. Beer and wine have seemed too weak. I have to drink too much to get any sort of benefit from it. A few shots of Scotch would be nice, right about now.

Found out today that they're trying to legalize the use of pot for medicinal purposes, here in MassiveJewZits. They include MS as one of the diseases it could be prescribed for. I wonder if Medicare D will pay for that.

No comments: