Thursday, January 5, 2006

January 5, 2006

9:44 AM - 1/5/06
~dreary

Spent some time on the phone, and drank a few beers, last night. It's not exactly a social life, but it's better than nothing. Managed to get enough of an appetite to eat a couple of eggs and a piece of toast before crashing out. Didn't forget my Lamictal this time.

Doesn't look like my friend is going to be able to come up. Between her work schedule and my brother's, by the time they would get up here, they'd have no time to spend until they had to turn around and leave. It's a really long drive. On the best day, it's about 5 hours each way. I guess that it just has to be planned out better. It sucks that I can't go down for the visit. I'm hoping that some sort of miracle will happen and I'll get to the point of feeling like I can risk the trip. On my best days, I get about 5 hours until I have to ouch my way into bed.

Left a message for Neurodude about my Inderal problem. I won't get my hopes up about hearing from him anytime soon though.

Boy, do I ever feel crappy. It looks like it's going to rain, or snow, or something. Perfect day for hanging with Bunny.


4:33 PM - 1/5/06
~Another drug down

So, no more Lamictal for me. I took the increased dose for the first time, this morning, and had a really bad reaction. Scary.

Made an "emergency" call to Neurology, and they tracked down Neurodude. He said that the reaction was not typical (unique again? who knew?), but that if by 4PM I wasn't feeling any better, I should come into the ER. It's after 4PM now. I'm feeling a little better.

It worries me. I hope that it was just the Lamictal. If it wasn't, it's "here we go again". There's a lot going on, symptom-wise. My eyes are bad. My ears haven't stopped ringing since I don't know when, but I think that it's been months. It's getting really painful. My left foot is messed up. My head is hurting in strange ways. Having breathing trouble. My legs completely went out on me today. Spasticity all over the place. Shaking. Nausea. Dizziness. Random pains. All the way around, I'm just not doing well at all.

It's a few months until the next MRI. I don't know if I'll make it that long before ending up in the damn ER. Then, they'll admit me and put more chemicals in my veins. woohoo

Are we having fun yet?


5:42 PM - 1/5/06
The hit count (19) 49

It's at 49,000 exactly.

No comments: