Sunday, February 12, 2006

February 12, 2006

7:01 AM - 2/12/06
~this should be interesting

Can't help but be curious.

Click here?


9:17 AM - 2/12/06
~thanks for nothing

It's snowing. Supposed to snow about a foot or so. I like the snow. A few years ago, I'd be out in it. Now, I can't really risk it. My eyes aren't good enough. My legs aren't good enough. Sucks.

I was trying to read over my blog, earlier. Came to a screeching halt when I got to May of '05 though. The archives are all screwed up, date-wise, from then on. I'm not happy about that at all. Reading my old writing didn't make me too happy either. I used to write a lot better.

Over the past few days, I've been tempted to start a new blog. I'm very unhappy with the changes to ~blog. My list of "complaints" is endless. Slow loading times and Rx blogs aside, I liked ~blog the way it was. Now, it feels like all of ~blog revolves around ~blurt. If I wanted social interaction, I would have stuck to forums and IMs. Not that I mind comments. I like them, actually, but that's not what my blog is about. It completely irritates me that, now, every blog entry's "static link" includes all the comments. It's tempting to turn off the comment option for that reason. You can't even edit your entries from your main page, or even its static link. I could go on, but I won't.

I'm going to start looking for another site.


10:06 AM - 2/12/06
Scarred

I think that I (finally) hit my limit at ~blog. I feel bad about sacrificing the "Cutter" address in order to blog here, but I think that, in time, I'll get over it.

I guess, starting a new blog is better than completely trashing my life, in order to achieve "change".


10:42 AM - 2/12/06
Cutter lives

ohhhh.... I like this. You can back date things! Shoot, I can just transfer my whole ~blog here!

ok, that's it. I'm staying.


12:19 PM - 12:19 PM
Settling in

So, that's what I'm doing... transfering my blog entries. It'll take a while, but that's ok. It'll give me something to do.

My archives are VERY imprtant to me. My blog is like a book. It's best read in full, and in chronological order. I might leave out a few entries here, but the bulk of it, I'm going to transport.

This is good. At the moment, I'm a satisfied blogger again. The way I see it, in my moment of being a pompous ass, it's ~blog's loss. I had a good 60,000 hits over there, and got quite a few people to start accounts with them. I did stick it out long enough, I think. ...paid my dues in full (not to mention actually paying for my account!).

Hopefully, this blog will work out well. It'll take a while to change my blog address on various websites, but eventually, it'll get done. For the moment, this actually feels pretty nice. It feels quiet.


6:14 PM - 2/12/06
~The mother thing

I had the most interesting converation tonight... with my mother.

She said the coolest thing... after much conversation... she said...

"I wasn't thinking."

THANK YOU!!!!!!

That's all I ever wanted to hear.
-------------------------------------

The conversation with my mother was a really good one. Shoot, I even excused myself after the one curse that slipped out. I know, you couldn't tell, but in the past, I'd NEVER curse around my mother, or call her names, etc., etc. I was always shocked by kids who did that. I'd curse like a trucker, but never around, or to, my mother. Even, "That sucks!" was a no-no. So... "Jesus Fucking Shit Christ" *click* didn't go over too well back in 2004, or more recently. I was pissed, legitamitely and understandably, but there was no "thinking" involved. I just reacted. I opened my mouth and that's what came out.

...and that's the whole thing... she wasn't thinking. It REALLY messed me up, but she wasn't thinking.

It wasn't my fault.


6:21 PM - 2/12/06
for now

I'm going to keep this on the back burner... give ~blog a little more time to straighten out its act.

I'm just goofy like that.

No comments: