Tuesday, February 7, 2006

February 7, 2006

8:50 AM - 2/7/06
~Choppy

Just got this weird electric zap-like pain in my chest and back, on the left side. That was pretty creepy.

I didn't sleep all that much... maybe 3 hours. Stompy was up bright and early, and so, of course, was Choppy. I figured that out a few weeks ago, I think. Choppy doesn't really live next door. See, I knew that there was something up. No one can possibly do that much chopping in a 24 hour period. I never saw anyone carrying in large bags, and there were no neighbors missing. So... the chopping sounds couldn't have been coming from the woman who lives next door. Then, I realized that Choppy and Stompy seemed to be on the same time schedule, and that Choppy seemed to always be chopping while I was using my bathroom. Eureka! It's the damn plumbing. Choppy lives in the walls.

Apparently, when any of us use the bathroom sink, it makes chopping sounds while the water is going through the pipes. Not the kitchen sinks, not the showers, not the toilets, just the bathroom sinks. There are 6 apartments sharing the plumbing. There are A LOT of chopping concerts.

Well, I guess that it's good to know that my next door neighbor isn't chopping up bodies... but, now I don't know what to call her.


3:43 PM - 2/7/06
~Off to find Spot

Let's see... I'm shaking, have a migraine, and am, very much, not seeing well out of my right eye. My pulse is about 100.

Good time to get ready for the MRI.

Hopefully I'll be back later tonight, or in the morning, depending on how zonked I am from the Valium.

I'll give Tubey your regards.


11:57 PM - 2/7/06
~it went

Well, first and foremost, I must say, that I have no clue how to read spinal images. Not that I didn't stare at them for over an hour, but I really have no clue what's what, and do not have the patience to find out right now.

The brain's contrast images I looked at looked ok to me, aside from something resembling a lesion on one temporal lobe or another. I'm pretty sure it was the left. It didn't seem that big of a deal though.

The images are beyond good. ("Good", as in clear, well definied, not blurry, should be easy to read.) So good, in fact, that I feel like I am indeed looking at a completely alien MRI. I keep seeing little holes, and I have no clue whether or not they belong there.

All in all, what it comes down to, is that I'm going to have to wait for Radiologydude to speak with Neurodude, and then wait for Neurodude to contact me.

If there are no new lesions, and no visible reason why I'm having the problems I'm having, then I'll have to wait until next week for the final vote on the T-Spine. If nothing shows up there, then I have some serious thinking to do. I sure as shit am not going for another Solu-Medrol course, if there aren't any lesions dancing around in there. What I will do, I don't know. Learn to live with the symptoms, and shut my yap, I suppose.

In many ways, all this shit was so much easier when it was just MPD.

No comments: