Friday, April 28, 2006

April 28, 2006

6:44 PM - 4/28/06
~I shoulda been in picschahs.

There are a million thoughts running through my head... they're running so fast that I can't type them or write them down. I can barely get them into sentences before another one takes its place.

Last night I spent about two hours talking to myself. It was a good show. I laughed! I cried! It was better than Cats!

(It does often occur to me to invest in a movie camera, rather than attempting a book. I could probably cover a lot more ground.)

When you think of it, there is very little difference between writing and performing "stand-up"... or between writing and talking to oneself. There is the thing about the audience, and what to wear, and there's no back space or edit button, but other than that, it's basically the same. Anything I write is first composed in my head. There's always the option of saying it, rather than writing it onto the screen or paper.

When I can't write, for any reason, I talk to myself a lot. It's about venting... about organizing my thoughts... about allowing myself to see things from a different perspective. If, in the middle of your monologue about your life, you break out into tears, you know better what really upset you. If you laugh, you can better see what you're healing from, in some respects.

Yes, I know that it's just one more thing that might help to label me "nuts", but I really can't say that I care. I'll freely admit that I'm crazy. Shoot, I'll take out ads.

There's a very fine line between "crazy" and "genius" though. It's called "perspective".

1 comment:

happysoul said...

This post reminds me of my favorite quote. When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.~MarkTwain~