Monday, June 28, 2004

~Beware the savage jaw

She took me there to be admitted, my monster.

I remember seeing her face through the little window as the heavy door closed. She was standing there... making fake sad faces, and waving at me.

It was then that the reality hit me.

I cried.

They let me cry for a little while, as they searched through my belongings.

Then it was time to get "settled in".


The first thing they do is strip search you and give you a physical.

That was fun for me. I got to watch the doctor's face go white when he saw what was under this boy's clothing.

That felt good... just so normal and comforting. Not humiliating in the least. I was going to just love this whole lock up thing.

It ended well. After I watched a 12 year old girl being tied to a chair because of throwing a tantrum, they put me in a room with a girl who had a thing for ripping her toenails out with her teeth, and told me that I had to cut off my mohawk.

It was Room 101.

No comments: