Monday, June 21, 2004

~Take this childhood and...

I'm putting off moving to the next year in reading my journal. Things were painful and traumatic for the first 14 years... but when I hit 15, I finally snapped.

The pain never goes away. You never stop being angry, and as the years pass you become bitter, as the baggage strapped to you rips your muscles to shreds.

I can only be thankful that I'm at the point in my life where I know where the hate inside of me comes from... and to whom it should be directed. I am very thankful... and you know what?... you should be too... because I could've brought any of you down with me, if I fell that far.

I was lucky. Lucky that I had the strength to get out... to leave... to raise myself... to heal myself... to be there for myself. Not everyone is lucky. You'll find them in jails, mental institutions, and coffins. Keep that in mind though. I was lucky. Their feelings and residual actions... are completely understandable. All you have to do is know.

Love your children... for who they are. They're not your dollies or your action figures. They're not your avengers, or the ribbons on your chest. They are human beings. They are their own. Be a PARENT. Be willing to give your life for them. Translate that! That includes your LIFESTYLE. If you don't, they may well find another life to take.

No comments: