Monday, June 28, 2004

~Sticking To The Wrong Guns

So, I had a bit of an epiphany last night. (Thank you, aX, for asking "Why?" in just the right way.)

My grandmother, my mother's mother, didn't want girls. My mother always told me how her mother didn't like girls, she wanted boys. My mother had 3 brothers. She was the only girl. She was a "Daddy's girl" for that reason.

So... my mother's head? Perhaps...

I'll always love you for being the girl you are, because I know how horrible it feels not to be loved for being a girl.

Does it excuse any of my mother's actions related to my gender? Fuck no. She's had 55 years to add 1+1, and she still gets 3. When talking to people, she'll still refer to me as her daughter. Past is past, but if you're still making the same mistakes, and still hurting or disrespecting the people you claim to love, all that means is that you're too stubborn to admit to fucking up.

My mother always said that stubbornness ran in her family.

No comments: