Wednesday, June 16, 2004

~Prove it

I don't think that I slept very much. I don't really remember though. That's ok, I have time to sleep more later. Nothing set in stone until tonight's appointment with the shrinkydink.

I have 25 beers in the house. That's all the beer I get until the fates fall through. See, I made a deal. One of those, "Oh yeah?! Prove it!!" types of things. I do it a lot. Make deals with fate. Invariably, I win. I get to keep smoking or keep drinking or whatever I bet with. Last night's deal/bet was a little complicated. It had a few parts, but part one was that I would stop smoking and drinking once what was in the house was gone. I've "tempted the fates" a lot over the last month or so. I've "lost" every time. That is to say, they indeed did "prove it".

I don't know, I'm starting to think that maybe I should play the lottery and make a bet there.

To which the fates say, "Don't push it."

No comments: