Wednesday, June 16, 2004

~Have it your way

Sometimes, when things get bad, I can listen to the voices in my head. Sometimes it gets scary though, so I do all I can to shut them out.

Right now there's someone who's very angry, and someone playing an old Burger King commercial song over and over... Have it youuuuuur way, have it your way....

There is a "voice of reason"... the one who keeps saying, "Relax. You don't have to do a damn thing. You don't even have to breathe if you don't want to."

Right. Whatever you say.

I watch my beer gut grow and try not care. I try to appreciate the silence in my apartment building. I try to appreciate my air conditioner. I try not to look back... not to get too ahead of myself... not to blow my fucking head off. All I do is try. Try try try.

I didn't drink that much today. This is only my fourth beer. It's a Pabst Blue Ribbon. The can tells me that it's the "Original Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer". Funny, the last one I drank said that too. I wonder which can is the liar.

No comments: