Monday, June 28, 2004

~Behind the Wall

I'm thinking that I'm spending way too much time on detail. Not that I should just skip from thing to thing leaving people in the dark, but that if I keep getting into so much detail, I'll never move through this little project of mine.

I could fill pages of what it was like in lock up. I don't know that I want to though. Maybe leaving it short and vague is just fine.

I was in. The kept me until my insurance ran out. They gave me drugs. They tried hooking me up with foster parents. They gave me labels. They made me continue school. I had visitors. Drue was one of them. There were good days and bad ones.

For hell, it was actually pretty ok. There were friends in hell, and perhaps a wartime soldier-like bond between us. I'm sure that in so far as institutions go, it was a damn country club. It sucked to be locked up, but in a twisted sort of way, I liked being there. The people there, even though it was only because they were paid to do so, cared for me. They made sure I ate and bathed and had clean sheets. They listened when I needed to talk.

My doctor sucked. He was a guy who looked to be about 80 years old, who couldn't even remember my name half the time.

I learned their game, and I played it well, and I learned my lesson. Not being specific when asking for help, is a very very bad idea.

No comments: