Tuesday, June 29, 2004

~All about walls

There are tapes all over the place. I'm trying to put them back in alphabetical order, because date order was making me nuts. Not that it isn't fun. It does appeal to all of my OCD characteristics, but there's no getting it done fast enough. There's at least 5 feet of tapes lined up against my living room wall.

...and I sit here in silence... listening to the hum of my a/c.

Old music. Music holds memories... memories of things I don't really want to think about, and feelings I don't really want to revisit. Want to see a mess? Stick me in a room with Pink Floyd's "The Wall" playing.

I don't need no arms around me
and I don't need no drugs to calm me....


It just sorta takes you back. Doesn't it?


Great. Now it's playing on the internal radio.

Think I'll listen to the external radio instead.


Sweeet home Alabama
Where the skiiies are so blue
Sweeet home Alabama
Lord, I'm cominnng home to you

woohoo! Git down!


Much better than beating my head against the wall.

No comments: