Tuesday, June 29, 2004

~Scratch it, if it itches.

I'm itchy. I hate allergies. I swear, I have more allergies than anyone else I've ever met.

This morning, it's the molds. This place is really bad with mold. Anytime it rains, forget it. I feel like scraping my skin off. Itch itch itch.

I've always had a pissy immune system. Intolerances, and allergies galore. Some allergies are ALLERGIES. You know, the kind where your throat closes up and you look sort of like a blowfish. Others are skin rashes, stomach irritations, itchy eyes and runny nose.

They say that people who were abused or neglected as kids often have a lot of allergies and other health problems. Not that they're psychosomatic, they're very real, but apparently the brain decides that the body should get sick when the person needs love. Often, that's the only time an abused child feels cared for or gets something resembling the love they need, and so the brain just grows up that way.

I don't know how true it is, but as often as possible, I try to take the power of the brain into consideration when something is bothering me physically. So, for example, if my skin itches, I try thinking to myself something like, "ok, what's under your skin?". I just always try to factor in my brain as much as anything else, when I have a physical complaint.

There is a book called something like "Heal Your Body" where the author goes into physical ailments and what they might mean on a life level. It's pretty nifty... makes some sense. True, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but sometimes it isn't.

So, what's under my skin? What's irritating me, other than mold spores? Not sure. It's my shoulders and back that are the itchiest. Maybe I feel like I'm taking on too much? Carrying a weight, so to speak? Baggage is irritating me? Could be. Too, it could also be that I just need to change my damn sheets.

No comments: