Saturday, June 26, 2004

~Won't you be my neighbor?

My neighbor just knocked on my door. To show you how sweet she is, she knocks so softly, knowing how noise can scare me, I can barely hear her.

Tonight, she was completely trashed. I swear I could smell the Seagrams through the door, but even with that, the knock was light. She drinks a lot, and it worries me. She has a young daughter, and although she's well taken care of, I can't imagine how it effects her daughter having to see her mom that drunk that often.

My neighbor's been nothing but welcoming to me. She's a really good person. I just worry about her, and feel really sad sometimes. She's having a rough go of life, and she just doesn't deserve it. I hate that good people get the short end of the stick so often.

Anyway, it was sweet of her to check up on me. I haven't been over there in a couple of months, so she was wondering how I was. I should go over for a visit, but I always end up drinking too much while I'm there. Sick drunk is not the way I like being.

I don't know. Maybe I'll stop by sometime soon. It feels like the neighborly thing to do. Getting drunk every now and again isn't a bad thing, and maybe I'll have a nice visit. Her family can be a lot of fun to be around, and they've always been nothing but nice to me.


See, I do have some good things to say about some people.

No comments: