Wednesday, November 16, 2005

245pm111605 ~comment

(in "crack kills")

I think there are too many doctors that just don't care. They do an acceptable job, but do they really CARE about the person who is their patient? When my wife was pregnant she had some things happen that got her a little worried. Worried enough to call her doctor. Of course it goes to an answering service, because it was 7:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. No way did we expect a call, but the guy called her back within an hour and totally put her at ease. I was blown away. You can bet I would never say a negative thing about this guy. Even if he messed something up, I would be far more likely to understand that he is human just because he took those few minutes out of his day (which I am sure add up to a lot of minutes if he is like that with all of his patients). I bet people would be far less likely to sue a doctor if they felt like the guy actually cared about them.
Hopefully your guy will come around.



One of the reasons I'm NOT suing my last doctor is just that. I don't care that he made a few mistakes, he treated me with kindness, and did his job to the best of his ability.

The hospital that misdiagnosed me... the reason I'm not suing them is because I simply don't have the energy to deal with a lawsuit, or even deal with finding a lawyer. :\

No comments: