Friday, November 4, 2005

~food is good

My hope for the day? Meatballs.

Seriously, I want to make meatballs. That's one thing that I've missed being able to do, cook. Living alone for the majority of my life, I've never relied on other people to cook for me, and was never obligated to cook for anyone else. That left a lot of room for me to have fun with food. The limited budget provided a challenge, and that challenge transferred into a creative outlet. The end result is that I really love cooking.

Over the last year, I haven't really been able to cook. Between where I was living, and being sick all the time, it just wasn't possible. Today, as I finally have food in the house, and feel pretty ok, I want to cook. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll continue to feel ok throughout the day. I'll make a lot of food so that when I don't feel so ok, I won't be stuck eating a nuked hotdog as a meal. Not that nuked hotdogs aren't tasty, but a few days of them gets a little old.

It's Thanksgiving time. Turkey time. Stuffing time. I make REALLY good stuffing. The only person who ever said they didn't love my stuffing only said so in order to upset me. Everyone else ended up wanting to put orders in for vats of it. I hope that I can manage to make some this year. I'll go through the finances and see if I can't afford to get some ingredients. Turkeys usually go on sale.

I like having food in the house. It makes me feel a little more secure. I may die tomorrow, but at least I won't die hungry.

No comments: