Wednesday, November 30, 2005

~Up To My Waste

Couldn't fall asleep until 6AM, this morning. Not good. I'm due for my shot today, and I'm scared that if I take it, I REALLY won't be able to sleep.

I'm worried about the food in the fridge... I always feel guilty if I have to throw food out... I just haven't been that hungry lately... now Cutter's produce section is starting to go.

It's funny how that works... worrying about "wasting" food. I suppose that our parents and grandparents did a good job. In "The Depression" or during "The War", it made sense. Now though, it makes absolutely none. The same thing with "wasting" water.

Here's a bit of truth... Generally speaking, in the USA, you can't "waste" food or water. What you waste, is MONEY. Food biodegrades and ultimately feeds something else. Water evaporates, and then falls back down to us.

...but here I sit... feeling guilty. I think that I need to put a big ol' sign up in my kitchen to remind myself...

"HOW DARE YOU NOT THROW THAT OUT! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE INSECTS STARVING TO DEATH AT THE LANDFILL?!"

No comments: