Saturday, November 19, 2005

~CNN and Multiple Sclerosis propaganda (cont'd)

My problem isn't with the people with a "milder" disease course, it's with the media, and with people like Terri Garr who misrepresent this illness to the public. She actually gets paid to be a spokesperson. I think that it's only fair to expect her to speak about the disease in a non-biased, non-accusatory manner.

It's not that I think RRMSers have it good, it's that I think CNN should have shown a full picture of this disease, not just one type, or one aspect of it. Yes, people need to see the ones who are functioning with it, but they also need to see the ones who are not, or at the very least, be informed that this disease has a few different faces.

It is true that Terri Garr is paid to make a drug look good. I guess I just wish that along with doing that, she wouldn't make so many other people with MS look bad... including people taking that drug, for whom it's only doing a little bit of good, but actually helping.

No comments: