Sunday, November 27, 2005

~allergic to idiots

I'm still feeling sort of dazed. Had to put myself out, last night. Took some old meds. I'll probably be feeling the fallout for a couple of days. Ativan does that... makes me depressed for a couple of days after. That can be dangerous, so I try to stay away from it, even though it helps get me to sleep sometimes. I told the doctor about that, when I went to the ER, back in December. Somehow, it ended up on my chart that I was "allergic" to it. What the fuck? Right. A medication I've been on for about 10 years... I'm allergic to it. It's amazing what they'll list as an "allergy". Mophine makes me break out in a rash. ok... I'll accept "mildly allergic". Nothing to sweat though. If I was allergic to it, after 3 days of it in an IV drip, I'd be dead, not itchy. Tetracycline makes me think that I'm dead. I can accept "allergic" for that. Codeine? Nope. I once took Tylenol3 and got some REALLY horrible stomach cramps. Allergic? I don't know... but I do know that I'm NOT allergic to EVERYTHING with codeine in it, or which has a codeine base. Allergic to Ativan? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I miss my doctor. I had a REALLY good doctor in Philly. He listened to me. He didn't judge me. I felt like he actually cared. I don't care if he didn't really care. If he didn't, he faked it well, and that's what matters. If you don't give a fuck, as a doctor, FAKE IT. I think that's what they used to call "bedside manner".

If I can ever travel again, I'd like to take a trip to Philly. I'll stop in at his office and say hello.

No comments: