Friday, November 18, 2005

~Thanks

It's early, and I'm still tired... but that's ok. Today, thanks to my best friend, I'm going to the food store. Today, I can afford to go to the food store and actually get enough food. Today, I can get some good food. I'm thinking that maybe I'll get a Turkey, and stuffing ingredients. I'll hope to be able to cook it well.

This feels good, yet a little sad. The fact that I can afford decent food shouldn't be a cause for festivities. Although I think that no one should take affording decent food for granted, the fact that it's such a rare feeling in my life is sad. The fact that 9 months of back money is what it took in order for me to afford this is sad. The fact that despite that money I'll still be poor, is really sad. The fact that there are a lot of people who have it much worse, in this country, is really, really sad.

I'm grateful that I have this money... that there is a such thing as Social Security, and that society has progressed to the point where they no longer give lobotomies... Don't get me wrong there. It's just sad that in a country as "rich" as this one is, the highlight of my (and other people's) year is being able to afford a Thanksgiving turkey, which will be eaten, sitting on the floor, due to lack of proper furniture.

On the up side... I have internet access, so I can bitch about it, and a lot of people who read my rants, so I don't feel so alone. I'm truly thankful for that.

No comments: