Monday, June 14, 2004

~Take us or leave me.

My thoughts aren't exactly all over the place, but the head is busy. Maybe it's the head... maybe it's the spirit... or the heart... Whatever you call it, "We're" busy.

Such extremes I go through... full of fear and insecurity one minute, the next I'm bigger than a mountain.

I've always been this way... a scared child, a fearless warrior, a violent psychopath, God and the Devil... all rolled up into one package.

I've been told that they're called "alters"... that I have anywhere from 18 to 23 of them. Selves. No, not facets... individual gems.

Not "I" meaning "I", but "I" meaning "WE".

All the pronouns are so confusing.

I swear that being diagnosed with this "disorder" is one of the worst things that can happen. As split up as you might be, the diagnosis makes it worse... you split further... draw lines where there were none. You take a functioning democracy and turn it into a rioting anarchy.

Love ME. Love US. Hate ME. Hate US.

Don't pick and choose. Don't call anyone out.

WE are an I.

No comments: