Monday, June 7, 2004

~Walkies

It's hot out.

Walked to the 7-Eleven for cigarettes. Silly me, thought I could make it a month on 5 cartons. Close, but not quite. I'll run out by the morning, about 6 hours before Mr. UPS drops of this months order. Not a pleasant thought.

Anyway, I needed the exercise... although wearing a black t-shirt wasn't the best idea.

I was writing in my head, as I often do, while walking. I had this great piece going on, on the way back. Sucks though, because by the time I got home I got to the point where I couldn't write it. It just all of a sudden felt cruel, and beyond jaded... pompous.

Sometimes I think that my tongue and/or fingers need to be on a leash. I won't even go into what my brain needs to be on.

At the moment, I'm feeling pretty good. Maybe I'll even be able to cook some food. Not that I don't like hot dogs or salad, but after a couple of days, something a little more substantial is nice.


Substantial. Yes, substantial is good.

No comments: