Friday, June 4, 2004

~I like my dogs red

Went to the food store today. $75 for not a whole hell of a lot of food. ($10 was for allergy pills) It's supposed to get me through 2 weeks.

It could happen.

Also bought some beer. $26 for 48 cans of Miller. Much cheaper than the bar next door, where Miller costs about $14 for a 12 pack. I usually get Red Dog next door. That's only $9.50 for a 12 pack, and you get fun caps with prophetic sayings on them!

Well, no prophetic caps, but it's cheaper. Cheap is good... when it comes to beer.

I guess that when you add it all up, I live off of $13 a day or so (for food, beer, and smokes). Not too bad, but with my income, it doesn't allow for much savings, or many things that fall into the category of "want"... things like new pillows, pots and pans, mugs, a new pot for Harold, pants that fit... travel... Dragon Con... a new computer... something other than dial up Internet service... renting movies... CDs...

The list is pretty long.

I get by though. I don't starve. I don't freeze to death. I can shower every day. I do see the full part of the glass. I've certainly been on the empty glass circuit before. I know what the bottom is like. It's itchy, smelly, cold, and hungry. I hope never to be there again.

Red Dog says, "That's Right".

No comments: