Sunday, June 13, 2004

~Kissing your liver spots

I'm trying to eat healthier today. Salad for meal one, Ham Steak and Brussels Sprouts for meal two... but then there are those mysterymeatburgers in the fridge needing to be cooked for meal three... and the seductive bag of Cheetos... and Beef Jerky.

It's tough enough avoiding a beer gut... why does the whole food thing have to be an issue too?

Who am I kidding? Avoiding? I have a beer gut. No, it's not as impressive as some guys', but it's there. I don't like being insecure about things like this. Damn media. I'd love to have the "love me, love my gut" mentality, but... shoot, I've lived my life in front of one screen or another for the past 2 years (more like the last 5, but it's been the most isolated the last 2). I don't even really know what real people look like anymore. All I've seen are plastic people, and although most of them are pretty icky looking to me, it doesn't stop me from using them as a "hot or not?" scale for my own body.

Old and ugly. We're all headed in that direction. Thing is... when I look at (real) people around me, they don't look ugly. People about my age look good... some of them REALLY good. I wonder if, when I'm 80, if I make it to 80, all I'll see is the beauty of the person in front of me, who is about my age, like I do now. When I was a kid, people in their 30s and 40s looked old to me... not attractive at all, really. I'm supposing that our concept of "hot" changes with age. Maybe we won't get old and ugly. Maybe we'll get old and sexy instead.

1 comment:

a_black_wolf said...

You are middle age, hopefully, and hot as ever. I love you.