Wednesday, March 15, 2006

~B-12 and MS

11:04 AM - 3/15/06

Spent some time reading other people's writing this morning. My eyes are tired, but that's ok. Tired is ok. Blind is not.

A friend of mine, who was diagnosed with MS 13 years ago, just found out that he might not have MS after all. He might just have a Vitamin B-12 deficiency.

They're easy to confuse, even with an MRI. These days, it's one of the first things that they rule out before diagnosing someone with MS. I suppose that back when he was diagnosed, that wasn't the case.

They told me that I had a B-12 deficiency, back when I was in the hospital, in '86-'87. Well, apparently I had a magical B12 deficiency that vanished. After leaving the Institute, my B12 levels were fine, according to every doctor I went to.

Before seeing Neurodude, I was looking things up online... looking at my MRI, and searching for other MRIs to compare it to. Eventually, I came across an MRI that was of someone's brain who was suffering from a lack of B-12. I completely flipped. I didn't have MS! I had a B-12 deficiency, just like they told me I had when I was in lock up! All the doctors must have been wrong!!! I'm gonna sue!!!!!

Neurodude checked me for B-12 deficiency.

My levels were/are just fine.

I have MS.

No comments: